The development and manufacturing of new airborne products at FDS require more advanced certification before airworthiness and approval for flight. There are strict certification processes and standards to meet airworthy criteria.
All airborne products developed go through the following environmental tests:
- Temperature tests (high & low)
- Shaker tests (thermal shock)
- Altitude testing
- Centrifuge (G force)
- Humidity testing
The FDAIU and MAU both must pass environmental and software standard tests before release to any military or civil customer.
The environmental room includes:
- 16 cubic foot humidity controlled thermal chamber, liquid nitrogen assisted
- 29.6kN shaker system with horizontal slip table, 500kg payload, 200g shock rating
- 3.2 metre diameter centrifuge, 30kg payload to 25g sustained acceleration
- 4 cubic foot altitude chamber (70,000 to -5,000 feet), rapid decompression
- 15/30kV ESD testing
- Power supply testing
- Magnetic effect testing