The L3 microQAR has become a well known QAR in a completive market suitable for operators who require easy access to flight data without the need to remove the data recorder. The HHMPI is now capable to interface directly with the L3 microQAR via a USB/mini USB port cable.
How it works:
1. The HHMPI is connected to the L3 microQAR using a standard USB to mini USB cable.
2. Once the connected device appears on the HHMPI a blue plane appears the same way as it does when connecting the HHMPI to a flight recorder.
3. The aircraft type & registration number is selected in the HHMPI aircraft list (pre programmed on the HHMPI) or a generic download can begin chosen by default if no selection is made.
4. Then one of the download options are selected i.e. Download All, Download Since Last download.
5. The device for storing the QAR flight data is chosen i.e. USB, SD card, CF card or HHMPI internal memory (4GB)
6. The download of the microQAR begins and the data is stored on the nominated device selected.
7. The file is stored on the HHMPI and ready to be replayed or sent for analysis.